Friday, October 10, 2008

Daddy's Not So Little Girl

McKenzie

M – melodious – She is always singing and can remember lyrics. She claims she has trouble memorizing anything – ha – I bet to differ
c – courageous – Being the oldest isn’t easy. However she is always trying her best. When she’s not annoying her brother and sister (along with parents) she is taking the utmost care of those who she loves
K – keepsake – She is 100% Green and she is all mine!
E – energetic – I wish I had 1/10 of her energy! Read, run, dance, sing, wrestle, school, ride, write, hug, clean, jump, laugh, yell and about 15 other things she does all in a single day and with out slowing down.
N – nice – When she is not beating up her brother and rolling her eyes at mom and dad, she is the sweetest person I know. I love to receive her notes and drawings. She truly cares and loves her brother and sister.
Z – zany – She has the typical 8 year old sense of humor – which I love. She laughs at the slap humor on TV and the bad jokes mommy, daddy, Indy and Grandpa Pead tells her.
I – intense – When she sets her mind to anything, consider it done. Competitions, habits, school work – you name it – when she wants something, or if there is anything in her way – watch out world she’s going to attack it with intense force!
E – emotional – since she was a baby if she even thinks about crying, her eyes flare up and she looks like a raccoon. However, she is also very aware of other people’s emotions.

McKenzie I am so proud to be your daddy. I love to hear youlaugh! I love to hear you sing! I love to watch you dance! I love to snuggle up with you on the couch! I love to wrestle and play games with you. I love to scare you (even though I know you hate it). You have truly made me a better person. You have brought me endless amounts of joy in my life. I couldn’t be prouder of the daughter you have become. I also couldn't be prouder of what you have and will continue to accomplish. Continue to chase your dreams! Always remember who you are – and what you were taught. Remember – WE don’t quit. Most important – know that I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD.

4 comments:

sambritt said...

Amen. We love you too McKenzie.

Sam, Britt, Jade, Graham

Aubri said...

I can't tell you how much I love McKenzie. She has helped me through so many rough patches in my life-even when she was so young. She's always been there for me no matter how far away I've lived. She's loved me unconditionally. She always knows when I'm down and knows how to pick me up. She's taught me a lot about Christ-like love. I'm glad that my daughter has her to look up to. I'm so happy we got to talk to her on the webcam on sunday. Kenz-we love you so much. BAH-RAW-EWE

Sandy said...

What a great tribute...she'll love to read this. It's great that it is somewhere that she can always access too...

Unknown said...

Grandma Pead AGREES -- McKenzie is unique and special.