Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy Summer!





A lot has happened since my last post! I have been to Sweden, Denmark, France and South Africa. I’m about ready to travel to France (2 weeks), Spain (1st of September) and back to South Africa. I am traveled out!

Also since my last post, I have recovered from the installation of our sprinkler system and now bask in the beauty of Sod City! We have truly enjoyed every drop of blood, sweat and tears – not to mention coinage ($$$$) that went into putting down GREEN sod! Now if it would just cool down so we can enjoy the grass during the day.

We have been extremely busy throughout the summer of 2008! McKenzie, Indy and Presley have benefited from the summer activities– camping, book signings, Wii games, trips to Wyoming, swimming, fireworks, movie nights, family reunions, Alpine Slide and many summer blockbuster movies. In fact, both Mandy and I are ready for the school year to start hoping it will finally slow down our lives!

However, even though we were running around like crazy people one thing has become quite apparent – WE LOVE BEING TOGETHER!! The summer of 2008 has been EXTREMELY memorable for both the kids and us as parents, too!

I’m grateful for my family! I love my wife! She is my greatest cheerleader and the crutch I fall upon when down. I love my kids – there are times you want to punt them, but then they say or do something that makes you fall in love with them all over again! They provide me with endless smiles and memories!

I LOVE BEING A HUSBAND AND DAD!

2 comments:

Carrie Stevenson said...

we need to come see your sod! you and Jeremy can commiserate over the joy of green lawns. (he is rather obsessed). Truly, we need to get together!!!!!

Sandy said...

Great post! Sounds like a wonderful summer...can't wait to see your family this next week!