Monday, April 28, 2008

Sod City


In the past 33 years, I have come to realize many things: the sky is blue, Edward Cullen is a fictional character and we men will never live up to him, Hillary Clinton is a man (and an ugly one at that), standing in front of a moving locomotive will get yourself killed, I am proud to say, I learned another thing this past weekend–YARD WORK SUCKS ROCKS (no pun intended!).

Mandy and I decided it’s time to begin working on the outside of our home – it has only taken 7 years. On Saturday, we rented a sod-cutter and began the process of removing our lawn. Now many of you may say – you already had a lawn?? why remove it then? Well let me tell you, if you ran across our lawn – you would be rushed to the emergency room with a broken / sprained ankle. Our lawn was bumpy, lumpy and just unpleasant! If it wasn’t the bumps breaking your ankles, the weeds would jump up and bite them off.

We spent all day driving the sod-cutter (aka – SATAN’S MACHINE). The machine weighed in at a beefy 400 lbs. It chose its own paths, if it didn’t want to move forward, it would kick back just to mock you. If you know anything about Newton’s Law of Motion anytime you put a 135 lb person up against a 400 lb piece of hell-bent metal the person (ME) is going to lose badly. I got my butt kicked. Luckily for me, my brother Alan was there to help me. He was willing to take the abuse. Although we are both sore, we hope we never have to come across Mr. Lucifer’s Lawn Mower again!

Well as you can see by the pictures, we got the front yard done, thanks in part to Alan Green, Tara Mayoros, Gina Rawson, Phyllis Bradford and daughters, Richie & Whitney Green. Thank you to all who participated!

For those who didn’t participate – don’t worry you’ll have your turn! We will be putting in sprinkler and laying more sod.

WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO. Sweet Mercy someone put me out of my misery!

4 comments:

Mandella Green said...

Well said sweetheart.

Sandy said...

We used one of those sod cutters once in California...it was bad. The yard is going to be awesome though!

sambritt said...

Good job bucky! We have to grow our lawn/landscape this year too, although it won't be warm enough to start until August.

Unknown said...

you and the devil working together... i hope you learned your lesson

kt